Jacksonville Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney
Motor vehicle accidents are common, happening on a daily basis. While many are minor fender benders, some are serious and even fatal. In fact, tens of thousands of Americans die in car crashes every year. If you were involved in a crash that resulted in significant injuries, contact Jacksonville motor vehicle accident attorney Charles J. Gillette right away. See how he can help you recover compensation for medical bills, property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
What to Do After a Motor Vehicle Accident
After a motor vehicle accident, it’s important to take the right steps. They include the following:
- Pull over. Make sure you stop when safe. Otherwise, you could be charged with hit and run.
- Check for injuries. If you or your passengers are injured, seek medical help. If you’re not injured, check on others involved.
- Call 911. Even if the accident is minor, call police to the scene. Police will fill out an accident report, which you can give to your insurance company to help with the claims process.
- Exchange information. Get personal information from the other parties involved. Be sure to get their full name, contact information, insurance information, driver’s license, and license plate number. Be sure to give this information to other parties
- Document the accident. Take notes about what happened, the location, and road and weather conditions. Take photos of vehicle damages and injuries. If there were any witnesses, get their names and contact information.
- Contact your insurance company. Let your insurer know about the accident so they can start the claims process. This will help you obtain compensation for vehicle damage, medical bills, and other damages.
Common Causes of Motor Vehicle Accidents
Car crashes can be caused by many factors, including the following:
- Distracted driving. Smartphones, GPS devices, radios, passengers, and pets can cause us to take our eyes off the road, causing accidents.
- Drunk driving. Alcohol consumption affects judgment, making it harder to avoid accidents.
- Exhaustion is almost as bad as driving drunk. If you’re tired, stay home or have someone else drive.
- When you drive too fast, it’s harder to slow down and avoid a crash.
- Weather conditions. Rain, ice, and snow cause roads to become slick. Your vehicle could lose traction and cause a wreck.
- Teens lack experience and proper driving skills, making them more likely to get into an accident.
- Not following traffic laws. Running stop signs and red lights can cause a collision.
Contact a Jacksonville Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney Today
A motor vehicle accident can cause serious injuries and even death. If you or a loved one was injured or killed in a crash, make sure you contact a Jacksonville car accident attorney to receive the compensation you deserve.
Jacksonville motor vehicle accident attorney Charles J. Gillette can help you understand your options after a car accident. He can help determine liability and prove your case to maximize your financial recovery. Schedule a free consultation with Gillette Law, P.A. today by calling 904-600-4758 or filling out the online form.