Jacksonville Neck & Back Injury Attorney
Many of us have suffered from a neck or back injury. Maybe you just strained a muscle or pinched a nerve. However, even seemingly minor injuries can be painful. They can also be debilitating, limiting your mobility and forcing you to have to miss work. You may also need special medications and even surgery. The costs of a back or neck injury can add up. If your injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, get the compensation you deserve with help from Jacksonville neck & back injury attorney Charles J. Gillette.
Causes of Neck and Back Injuries
Back and neck injuries can be caused by the following:
- Car accidents, especially rear-impact collisions
- Lifting heavy objects
- Diving into shallow water
- Repetitive motions, such as typing
- Falling objects
- Sports activities
Types of Back and Neck Injuries
These accidents can lead to various injuries, such as the following:
- Whiplash is one of the most common car accident injuries, particularly rear-end crashes. Your head moves back and forth, causing damage to ligaments, muscles, and nerves. Whiplash can cause neck pain, stiffness, dizziness, headache, and numbness or tingling in your neck.
- Sports injuries. Sports-related injuries, particularly contact sports, can cause sprains and strains in the neck area. However, anti-inflammatory medications can help heal this pain.
- Repetitive motions. Poor posture or positioning while sleeping, reading in a chair, or working at a computer can cause muscle strain to your neck, shoulders, and upper back. Over time, this muscle strain can lead to neck pain.
- Pinched nerves. A pinched nerve occurs when muscles, tendons, and bones place too much pressure on a nearby nerve. A pinched nerve in the neck can be very painful, causing shooting sensations. Fortunately, pinched nerves typically heal on their own quickly.
- Disk injury. Heavy lifting can cause damage to a disk in your neck or back. This can affect the nerves, causing pain to travel all the way down into the legs.
- Fractured vertebrae. A fall or car accident can cause the vertebrae in your neck or back to fracture. This is a serious injury, as it can lead to spinal cord damage. You can become paralyzed or even die without prompt treatment, so seek emergency medical care right away.
- Spinal cord damage. This is another potentially fatal injury. It’s caused by sports, car accidents, and diving. A damaged spinal cord requires immediate medical treatment. Otherwise, it can lead to partial or complete paralysis and even death.
Contact a Jacksonville Neck & Back Injury Attorney Today
A neck or back injury can be very painful and even lead to mobility issues. In many cases, there is soft tissue damage involved that’s hard to treat.
If your injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, seek legal help from Jacksonville neck & back injury attorney Charles J. Gillette understands the long-term issues a brain injury victim will suffer. He will determine liability and help you obtain compensation for your damages. To schedule a free consultation, contact Gillette Law, P.A. by calling 904-600-4758 or filling out the online form.