Jacksonville Theme Park Accident Attorney
Hundreds of millions of people visit amusement parks every year. People love to ride the rides at Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, and other theme parks. And let’s not forget water parks, which have fun slides, pools, and rivers. But when you visit these places, keep in mind the dangers that lurk at these places. Jacksonville theme park accident attorney Charles J. Gillette can help you file a lawsuit if you are injured by someone’s negligence at a theme park.
Common Injuries at Amusement Parks
Tens of thousands of people are injured at amusement parks every year. Many of those injured are children.
Most injuries occur to the head and neck. The motion from the rides can lead to whiplash, a common neck injury. Injuries to the back and spine are also common from the back-and-forth movement of the rides.
At a theme park, visitors can also suffer lacerations, torn ligaments, broken bones, brain injuries, and even aneurysms. In severe cases, death can occur.
Motion sickness is also common. However, nausea, vomiting, and dizziness are common risks with amusement park rides, so it’s not common to successfully sue for motion sickness.
Causes of Injuries
Most amusement parks have strict safety precautions and measures in place. However, not all focus on safety. At some places, safety is lax, leading to injuries to visitors. Injuries can be caused by the following:
- Operator error. If an employee does not follow proper procedures, such as stopping the ride as needed, not leaving enough space between guests, or operating the ride in a reckless manner, it can lead to injury accidents.
- Mechanical issues. Defective brakes, broken seatbelts, and snapped cables can lead to safety issues.
- Structural issues. A ride that has been poorly maintained may experience structural issues, such as corrosion and dilapidated materials.
- It’s possible for cars to hit walls, buildings, other cars, and guests.
- A bump can cause a person to fall out of a car or off a slide or swing. This can be a scary situation if a ride is high up in the air.
- Lack of restraints. Water slides and inflatable rides may lack seatbelts, making accidents and injuries more likely.
- Guest error. It is possible for the guest to be at fault for not following instructions or acting recklessly. In these cases, it is harder to obtain compensation for injuries.
Contact a Jacksonville Theme Park Accident Attorney Today
Visiting Disneyland and other amusement parks can be a lot of fun and be a great way to make memories, but don’t overlook the dangers. These parks are not always looking out for your safety and it’s possible to suffer serious injuries and even death.
If you or a loved one was injured or killed at a theme park, contact Jacksonville theme park accident attorney Charles J. Gillette. We can help you file a claim so you can obtain the compensation you need to pay for your injuries. Schedule a free initial consultation today. Call 904-600-4758 or fill out the online form.