Jacksonville Head & Brain Injury Attorney
If you slip and fall or get in a car accident, you could suffer a host of injuries. One of the most serious ones is a head or traumatic brain injury. These injuries are very serious and can affect your entire body, from your mobility to your speech to your memory and learning. Concussion, brain damage, and other injuries can take a toll on a victim and their family. Getting the treatment you need can be very expensive, easily costing six or seven figures. Don’t handle such a complex case on your own. Seek legal help from Jacksonville head & brain injury attorney Charles J. Gillette.
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
There are three main types of brain injuries:
- Closed head injury. These are the most common types of traumatic brain injuries. In these injuries, the skull is not broken—it remains intact. However, these injuries can still be serious, causing pressure on the brain and brain bleed. Falls, blunt force, and car accidents can cause the brain to hit the skull.
- Penetrating head injury. This type of injury causes the skull to break or fracture. This occurs when the head hits the ground, such as after a fall, or when it’s hit by a foreign object, like a bat or ball.
- Blast injury. This type of injury is caused by an explosion. Those in the armed forces may be exposed to this type of injury, as well as terrorism/bombing victims.
Causes of Head and Brain Injuries
Head and brain injuries can be caused by accidents such as:
- Car crashes
- Slips and falls
- Blunt trauma, such as getting hit by an object
- Domestic violence or physical assault
- Medical malpractice, such as a lack of oxygen due to a doctor’s negligence
What to Do After Suffering a Brain Injury
If you think you may have suffered a brain or head injury, seek medical attention immediately. This is not something you can diagnose on your own, and the sooner you can get treatment, the better. The longer you wait, the worse it can get. You may end up suffering permanent injuries.
Keep track of all your damages, such as doctor visits, prescriptions, medical bills, and lost wages. If there are witnesses, get their information. It may be helpful to keep a journal where you can document your symptoms. This will help provide evidence so you can obtain compensation.
Contact a Jacksonville Head & Brain Injury Attorney Today
A head or brain injury is no minor issue. Such an injury can affect your entire body and require long-term care. Medical treatment is not cheap, sometimes costing $1 million or more. That’s why you need an aggressive lawyer on your side who will fight for your legal rights.
Jacksonville head & brain injury attorney Charles J. Gillette understands the long-term issues a brain injury victim will suffer. He will determine liability and help you obtain compensation for your damages. To schedule a free consultation, contact Gillette Law, P.A. by calling 904-600-4758 or filling out the online form.