Jacksonville Workers’ Compensation Attorney
When an employee is injured due to a workplace injury, they can typically receive compensation through the workers’ compensation program. By filing a claim, you can receive benefits that will pay for medical bills and lost wages. However, not everyone has an easy time navigating the process. If your workers’ compensation claim has been denied, contact Jacksonville workers’ compensation attorney Charles J. Gillette for help getting approval.
Workers’ Compensation Benefits in Florida
Each state has a workers’ compensation program that gives benefits to injured workers. Florida’s program helps compensate for the damages that an injured person has suffered — such as lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering — so that you can return to work as soon as possible.
Florida workers’ compensation programs also provides benefits such as:
- Medical benefits. This includes all necessary medical care that is authorized by the insurance company. This includes all prescription medicine as well as the costs involved of traveling to and from doctor’s appointments.
- Vocational rehabilitation. If your injuries prevent you from returning to your normal job, you can receive vocational counseling and other services to help you find new employment. Workers’ compensation may also pay for the additional training or education needed to help you find a job.
- Death benefits. If a person is killed in a workplace accident, the worker’s spouse and children may be able to receive death benefits. The amount may be up to two-thirds of the worker’s average weekly wage. Surviving family members may also receive as much as $7,500 for funeral and burial expenses.
When to Hire a Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Getting approved for workers’ compensation benefits is not always an easy process. There are several situations in which getting legal help can be helpful. Here’s when to hire a lawyer:
- Your claim has been denied. A lawyer can help you appeal your denial by gathering evidence and presenting your case in court.
- You have a pre-existing condition. The insurance company will try to deny your claim, claiming that you were previously injured. A lawyer can help prove your case.
- You’re not getting the medical treatment you need. Insurance companies will often delay or deny expensive treatment, such as surgery. A lawyer can help you get the treatment you need.
- You’re unable to work. If your ability to work has changed, you’ll need to maximize your benefits. You may still be able to work, but have to change careers. A lawyer can help in these situations.
Contact a Jacksonville Workers’ Compensation Attorney Today
If you are injured in a workplace accident, workers’ compensation benefits can help replace your income while you recover. However, getting these benefits is not always easy and it may be helpful to seek legal help.
Jacksonville workers’ compensation attorney Charles J. Gillette can help you with the claims process. If you have been denied, he can help you get approved so you receive the compensation you deserve. Schedule a free consultation with Gillette Law, P.A. today.
Call 904-600-4758 or fill out the online form.